Infant Mental Health
Nexus Youth and Families’ Infant Mental Health Counseling Program works with families to identify goals that meet those families’ needs. Some key areas of work for infants and toddlers may include:
– Understanding infant and child development
– Promoting the bond between the child and caregiver
– Helping to access basic needs and resources for the family
– Referrals to additional resources
– Supporting teen parents
– Assisting with the challenges of parenting
– Learning effective discipline techniques
– Providing support with CPS involvement
– Developing appropriate emotional expression
– Working through grief and loss
Being a parent can be stressful. Outside supports for your family’s needs play a pivotal role in each child’s development. Auburn Youth Resources remains devoted to helping children and their families.
Since 1973 Nexus has been restoring hope, building futures and strengthening communities. Our Prenatal and Birth-to-Five Counseling Program is working with families, infants and toddlers to create a foundation for a happy, healthy childhood!
Contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-939-2202. For Enumclaw area Infant Mental Health Services (programs may vary) call (360) 825-4586.